Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day-Old Calves

The calendar said that the first calves weren't supposed to arrive until next week - but here they are!  They were born Thursday, I took these pictures Friday.

This first little guy was born to one of the 2nd time calving cows - he seemed so tiny we thought there may've been a twin.

The kids were looking out the window and I was surprised to hear it said that both calves looked cute, as I had thought there was only one, but there was a Charolais cross cow who'd had a very nice black calf in the corner of the pasture.  

Neither momma wanted me aiming my eyes at their baby!  But I managed to get a few pictures at a great distance at least.


Come Monday I hope to show you more pictures of tiny day-old creatures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've added the comment box back in. It's nice to hear from others, so feel free to drop me a line. I'll try to get all comments moderated in a timely fashion. Thanks for reading.